Monday, November 14

Moody Open Line

This Wednesday evening, I'll be on the Moody Radio Network's Open Line program discussing The Chronicles of Narnia in anticipation of the Hollywood film release of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. With my good friend, Wayne Shepherd, I'll be talking the life and legacy of C.S. Lewis, the Narnia series, the Inklings, Lewis's other wonderful books, and how families can begin now to prepare for the theatrical release on December 9. The program airs at 8 PM CST.

1 comment:

Amber Benton said...

Dr. Grant,

My 8yo, Jonathan and I listened tonight. It was interesting to watch him pay attention during certain parts of your interview and fade out in places he didn't understand or wasn't interested in. We did think we should share with you a quote, though.

We are almost through reading Five Children and It, and were reading while waiting to listen to the broadcast. The last line we read was: "And trying not to believe things when in your heart you are almost sure they are true, is as bad for the temper as anything I know." Just before he ran up to bed, I reread that line to Jonathan and he said, "It's just like Edmund!"

Just thought I would share! And I love Perelandera - Ransom is a favorite character of mine. My favorite moment of all Lewis' writing is when Ransom eats of the fruit and is at once satisfied, and yet a desire is awakened, a pleasure to be enjoyed, yet it's wrong to pursue that moment for itself and he waits until he is once again hungry knowing that there will be provision. The first time I read that I thought, "Adam didn't eat the fruit!!"

As always, well done...

Amber Benton
Truth, Order, Beauty